Monday, August 17, 2009

Thing 23

I have acquired many new skills and loads of information by completing this class. I plan to integrate many of these new techniques into my computer classes. If students have the knowledge and skills to use some of these techniques to complete assignments maybe even some teachers who are resisting will become curious about how they did that. Many of the techniques presented in this class could make assignments and projects more interesting and pleasant to view and grade.  I love digital photography and I also have many new sites and cool ways to alter photos. I have posted a few on my facebook page and have had many friends comment on them and want to know how I did that. And many of fb friends are my colleagues who are interested in how I did that. I will continue to look for information online and any other classes put out by our great tech people at the ISD. 

2 comments:

  1. Most of the students I see now have far more computer skills than I have. We offer a class here called Computer Applications. Many of our freshman struggle with it because they "know this stuff". They want new stuff and web 2.0 is the place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our students couldn't care less about Microsoft Office. They like the interactivity of social networking. And let's face it, it's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know!

    ReplyDelete